PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, April 25, 2011

Life Out of Emptiness

Photo Source

"How precious 
are Your thoughts about me, O God. 
They cannot be numbered! 
I can't even count them; 
they outnumber the grains of sand! 
And when I wake up, 
You are still with me!" 
(Psalm 139:17-18)

On this day after Easter, these are the words that I read. Because of the Resurrection, we can have close connection with this God whose thoughts are on us constantly, the One who gave His life to give us Life.  He brought Life on that Day of Resurrection, and He can bring Life to all the difficult circumstances that we find ourselves in ...

"Make Me your focal point as you move through this day. ... Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around you. The only way to keep your balance is to fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes. If you gaze too long at your circumstances, you will become dizzy and confused. Look to Me, refreshing yourself in My Presence, and your steps will be steady and sure." (Jesus Calling)

Instead of gazing at circumstances that can bring confusion, I am choosing to fix my gaze on Him, and to count His gifts ... Thank You, Lord ~

375 - for lifting my gaze from some confusing circumstances ... and helping me fix my eyes on You.

376 - that You can bring Life out of emptiness ... and that You can transform trials into good.

377 - for all the Hope, Joy, and Peace that we can experience in the midst of trials ... all because of You.

378 - for teaching from Your Word Easter morning ... life-giving, and spoken to my soul.

379 - for fourteen family around our table for Easter Dinner.

380 - four grandsons ready for an Easter Egg hunt ... and missing our three year-old granddaughter who was home sick, (and also missing our four grandkids in Texas!).                    


381 - three two-year old grandsons after the hunt ... what fun they had!


382 - a few belated birthday gifts from a great-uncle for two two-year olds ... 

383 - and thankful again for a son, home from a three-month job at sea ... and uncle to these boys.


384 - and time to celebrate my father's 90th birthday, again, this time with family ... and his great-grandsons helping him with the candle-blowing.


 385 - for meeting another son's special friend ... so thankful they could join us later in the afternoon.



386 - for family who live close by, able to join us for Easter.

387 - beautiful, sunny weather in the afternoon.

388 - memories to carry with us ...  

(One Thousand Gifts #375-388)
                    



holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have prayed with you today, but it is sweet knowing you are praying together out in Omaha too! It was the sweetest WWDOP for me and I was so gripped with the staff like a wave over the globe praying for one another...what a privilege!

    I love you list and pictures and living out the Easter triumph in spite of hard circumstances...Steve Sellers shared so sweetly this a.m. about coming off the high of Easter with some amazing ministry moments and church celebrations to monday morning and simply crying, 'Lord, have mercy on me!' because we need Him always to make it real and daily...this Risen Life:) hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete