PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Live Today

"How we live our days is ... how we live our lives." This quote from the last chapter in the book Crazy Love has been occupying my mind tonight. I finished the book today while my 17 month-old grandson, Cruz, was taking a nap. It was good to spend the day with Cruz again, as I missed a few weeks while we were at the Getaway and then while Gary and I were taking some days off. It's always good to be around little ones; they give us such an innocent, refreshing view of life.

And reading this book these last few weeks has given me a refreshing look at how we should live our lives. The author, Francis Chan, writes, "I wrote this book because much of our talk doesn't match our lives." It's our daily lives that make a difference. We "simply need to live out in our daily life the love and obedience that God has asked of us." Not just settling for the status quo, but living out the life of love that Jesus has modeled for us and taught us.

This means making God our greatest desire each day, above all else ... listening to Him, and living out the things that He teaches us. Living in response to His amazing "crazy love" for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment