PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, June 28, 2010

A Thankful Heart

Some words from a blog entry I read this morning have stuck with me throughout the day today. It was a reminder to focus on having a thankful heart, to watch for things (big and small) to give thanks to God for. I consider myself a thankful person, but it is easy for me to become focused on my "to do" list during the day, and lose sight of the little blessings and joys.

"Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name." (Hebrews 13:15)

As I thought about this throughout the day, it also came to my mind that the two things that should characterize our lives as followers of Jesus are ... love, and a thankful heart.

So much to be thankful for ... let me share a little list I came up with from my day:

~ encouragement and strength from God's Word

~ summer days

~ the beautiful torenia plant on our patio table

~ my husband's loving hand over mine as we prayed before our lunch together outdoors

~ an email from a granddaughter, sharing a prayer need with me

~ an early evening walk across our quiet town

~ how quickly the words came to me as I wrote the rough draft of our next newsletter

Lord, thank You for all the little joys You opened my eyes to today ...

"Taste and see that the Lord is good,
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!"
(Psalm 34:8)


No comments:

Post a Comment