PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, September 8, 2017

Quieting My Heart: He Delights in Every Detail



“The Lord directs
the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail
of their lives.”
(Psalm 37:23)

How can this be -
that You would delight
in every detail
of my life,
in the lives
of all Your children?

But this should not 
take me by surprise.
For I delight in
my own precious children
and in my dearly loved
grandchildren.

I love to hear every word;
all about their joys,
and their interests,
all about their accomplishments.

And it gives me
greatest joy
when they share
their very deepest thoughts
with me, asking for
me to pray, for them.

Yes, Lord, I can begin to see
a tiny glimpse 
of how much You delight
in me, in Your children.
Of how very much
I am loved.

(Photo: from our garden 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment