Fall weather is just around the corner,
and this week we have had a bit of a taste
of the cooler weather to come.
The fresh cooler weather
plus some crisp fresh basil from a friend
prompted me to make this new recipe -
my first hot soup meal of the season.
Fresh chopped tomatoes from our garden,
cheese tortellini, and fresh basil ...
these ingredients and a few more
made a very tasty soup!
Click on the "source" link below the
little photo to print ...
Course: Main Soup
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Directions: In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook until tender, 7-9 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.