PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Thing


"Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, 
looking for things that need to be done, 
concentrate on the task before you 
and the One who never leaves your side. 
Let everything else fade into the background." 
(Jesus Calling)

Un-ending lists of things to do - for everyone, and especially for mothers. And the work is never done. So why do I often put too much focus on the lists and the unending tasks? 

"That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life ...
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"
(Matthew 6:25a, 27)

"And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers 
that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow,
He will certainly care for you."
(Matthew 6:30)

Thankful for reminders, calling me to focus on the one thing before me, and the One beside me.

Linking up at Thought Provoking Thursday, and One Beautiful Thing













No comments:

Post a Comment