PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Along the Journey

Reading something that grabs my heart ... I'm always compelled to write it down. A place to hang on to it, to let it roll over and over in my mind and heart ... desiring for it to sink down deep and become part of who I am, of who He crafted me to be. And somehow, for His purposes, this God is calling me to have this blog as one of those places to write. Following His direction for me to share as I journey. For in sharing, we find kindred spirits along the road ... and we can hold each other up as we journey together.

(Photo Source: Dreamstime)

Last night's readings ... things for me to think on:

"One of the great reasons for lack of prayer is the lack of a living, joyous assurance that God hears us." (from Andrew Murray's The Ministry of Intercessory Prayer)

"So the Lord must wait for you to come to Him
 so He can show you His love and compassion.
 For the Lord is a faithful God.
 Blessed are those who wait for His help." 
(Isaiah 30:18 NLT)

"You can be sure of this: 
The Lord set apart the godly for Himself.
 The Lord will answer when I call to Him."
 (Psalm 4:3 NLT)

And this morning ...

Just as each of our cells contains the DNA instruction manual for our physical bodies, so God's ways and commands are "encoded in our spiritual DNA".  And just as it is impossible to live contrary to our physical DNA, it is impossible to separate ourselves from this encoded spiritual DNA. And "in working against it, we are working against our own best interest. In resisting it, we resist peace and harmony." (Thoughts and quotes from Live a Praying Life)

"I will pursue Your commands,
 for You expand my understanding ... 
Make me walk along the path of Your commands,
 for that is where my happiness is found."
 (Psalm 119:32, 35 NLT)

1 comment:

  1. I love this and love what you share...I love the spiritual DNA bit, and am so thankful for your talking about 'Live a Praying Life', I am hoping to go through it...perhaps with the women in Hungary? we'll see...I wouldn't have heard of it were it not for you:)

    leaving tomorrow am...having to pack...PRAY!

    ReplyDelete