PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, December 6, 2010

Extravagant Promises

God makes some extravagant promises about prayer. Do we believe these promises? In Live a Praying Life, I read, "You don't find Him saying, 'I didn't really mean that the way it sounds. I exaggerated to make a point.'"

Some of these amazing promises:

"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power 
and produces wonderful results." 
(James 5:16)

"I tell you, you can pray for anything, 
and if you believe that you've received it, 
it will be yours." 
(Mark 11:24)

"Yes, ask Me for anything in My name, 
and I will do it!" 
(John 14:14)

"But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, 
you may ask for anything you want, 
and it will be granted!" 
(John 15:7)

"You can pray for anything, and if you have faith,
 you will receive it." 
(Matthew 21:22)

Such powerful promises ... by a God who keeps His Word.

Lord, forgive our unbelief, and teach us ... may we as individuals, and as Your church, live these promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment