PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Taking Time to Pause, to Reflect



The weeks of summer begin to draw to a close as the new month of September opens. What occupies your mind as a new month begins? I love the fresh starts - a new section in my journal, fresh pages in my planner, calendars to record the significant. Seasonal beauty that calls for a change in decor, that fills our senses, beckons our creativity. Bringing joy.

And the changes in the season and the entry of a new month always draw me to pause, and to gently reflect. What is the status of my heart? What has God taught me in the past month, the past season? What are the current longings of my heart? What do I desire for Him to do in my heart and my life during the coming weeks, and days?

"Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it."
(Proverbs 4:23)

As summer begins to slip away, and the
colors and scents of autumn emerge,
I will take time to pause, to be silent,
to reflect, listen, and to receive
from Him.


(Photo - from our Pacific Coast Trip 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment