PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, February 5, 2018

Quieting My Heart: To Dwell, to Pull in Close



The cold winter continues on,
and the harsh realities
press into our daily moments.
For our actual lives are full of
the beautiful, and also the
challenging, and the unknown.

But there is a safe place;
a strong and secure place.
A place to dwell, to live,
to lodge in, to stay ...
to settle into, to reside in,
to pull in and cozy up close in.

"He who dwells in the shelter
of the Most High
will abide in the shadow
of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord
'My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.'"
(Psalm 91:1-2)

What does this look like
to me? To you?
This morning, and today -
I will pull in close,
through the moments
of this week ...
I will focus my sight,
my thoughts, my heart
on Him.

(Photo from our Trip to Branson 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment