PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, September 1, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Live by God's Power



When I read His Words,
do I read just words -
when I speak of His promises,
do I treat them with value,
treat them for what they
really are?

Have we become so accustomed to,
so casual, so careless with,
that we are missing out?
Missing out on what can be the
greatest adventure
we could ever dream of?

Lord, will you wake us up,
will you lift our eyes from
ourselves, from the distractions
that cloud our eyes and our hearts
from the important, from the Truth.

Will you impress on us,
will you create a hunger in us,
today, this new month -
a hunger for You,
to hear Your Words of Truth
each morning, each day -
to listen intently,
to follow closely,
and to live by Your power alone.

“For the Kingdom of God
is not just a lot of talk;
it is living by God’s power.”
(I Cor. 4:20)

Praying for myself,
and for you -
for a month of adventure
as we read His Words,
listen so closely,
and follow Him completely.

(Photo from our Pacific Coast Trip 2016)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo and lovely prayer to turn our hearts and thoughts to the Lord.
    May we all have a blessed month.
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janis! Have a lovely and blessed month as you follow Him!

      Delete