This recipe has been in my collection of new recipes to try for a couple of months, and this past week was the time to try it out! It was perfect to make for a daughter's birthday this month!
A refreshing, creamy, sweet dessert for any springtime or summer occasion ... with layers of strawberries, bananas, and crushed pineapple! I have a lot of recipes that I have collected over the years, and this one will be added to my collection of favorites!
Click on the "Source: tasteofhome.com" link below to print.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
Yield: 12-15 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes. Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.