PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, August 6, 2015

What I'm Reading Now


Don't you just love a good book? Books transport us to another time and place, and books give us new fresh ideas. I have always loved books.

One of my desires this new approaching-fall season is to be more consistent in reading good books. Books were my main source of learning as a young mother, before the age of internet, tablets, and smart phones. And books continue to be a main source of inspiration and learning for me.

One that I just recently completed is Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner. I've been reading Jessica's blog, The Mom Creative, for awhile now, and when I heard of her newly published book, I knew that I would want to purchase it. You can even find it at your local Target store!

Fringe Hours is an encouragement to women of all ages to pursue the interests and gifts that God has given each of us as individuals, and to seize pockets of time throughout our days and weeks to nurture ourselves. It is so easy to focus on our tasks and responsibilities day in and day out, and lose sight of some of the passions and gifts that are part of who we are deep within. This book was amazing - every woman should read it. Very insightful.

And if you're looking for short, warm, inspirational readings for each day of the calendar year, you will love to read Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, as You Are by Shauna Niequist. One of my sweet daughters gave it to me for Mother's Day, and I love to relax on the sofa in the evening, and read Shauna's thoughts for the day.

Love the Home You Have by Melissa Michaels is another brand new book, and one which I am starting to read this week. I have enjoyed Melissa's blog, The Inspired Room, and look forward to receiving new inspiration and ideas for fixing up our home. I love how she focuses on being content with the home we have, and being creative with what we have.

On a much heavier subject, I'm also reading a book on a current world concern: The Isis Crisis by Charles Dyer. My hubby recommended this book from several he has read on this topic. Not your typical encouraging, feel-good book - but one to help me be informed, and to help me as I pray for our world. 

What are you reading this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment