PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, April 28, 2014

The Writing and Recording of Thanks

"This writing down - 
it is sort of like - unwrapping love ...
And if all these gifts are what God gives -
then isn't my writing down the list like ... receiving?
Like taking with thanks."
(Ann Voskamp)

The writing down and the recording of gifts - a way of giving thanks to God, of acknowledging all the gifts that He gives. Each day. Through words in my journal (now up to 681 on my daily lists of His gifts for 2014 so far - counting just for fun), and through photos and words on my digital scrapbook pages (preserving memories and preserving my thanks for His gifts) ... a record of His grace, mercy, and love through all of life.




From Easter Week ... special gifts and memories preserved through a digital scrapbook page. Amidst a busy, full life (sometimes becoming almost so full that I can miss the gifts, and the giving of thanks) ...choosing to pause and give thanks, and seeking to live in the moment. With thanks. Preserving memories of His gifts to us ... His love - never ending, new each and every day.

(Credit for digital scrapbook supplies - Page Template: Scrap Girls - ABR_SSLOAlb_Ser5; Paper: Digital Scrapper June 2013 Premier, We are Family by Dianne Rigdon)

1 comment:

  1. Photos are such a great way to remember and give thanks.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete