PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Without a Single Fault


Help me to cease from striving, to rest. 
For I am already holy, 
and I am also becoming holy. 
By Your Grace and Mercy, 
being molded by You, into what I already am. 
Privileged to live and breathe in Your Presence, 
holy and blameless, without fault. 
Today, and forever.
"One of the greatest sources of joy and endurance for the Christian is knowing that in the imperfection of our progress we have already been perfected ..." (John Piper)
Thinking on these words as I am reading through
Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die - 
thankful, and in awe that He sees me as holy and blameless. 

Linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. Cherry,
    Beautiful words and agreed - we must seek not to strive but rest in Jesus. Thanks for linking to Sunday Stillness.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Janis - words I need to be reminded of - so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful mixture of photo and Word. Also, my husband is a Piper "fan" from years ago. We went to his church several times while visiting friends near it who attended it in Mpls. Quite a time! Anyhow, love how you put this together. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit! I am really enjoying reading through one of John Piper's books now - that would be such a treat to hear him in person.

      Delete