PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Four-Fruit Compote

Fruit sounds wonderful after all the sweets of the holidays. Earlier this month I was looking for a fruit salad recipe to make for a family birthday party, and came across this one tucked away in my large collection of recipes. I had not made it for quite a few years. And now I wonder how I could have forgotten it - it was so refreshing to make, and also to enjoy together with the pulled pork sandwich meal that a daughter prepared for her son's 5 year-old birthday party.


Print Recipe

Four-Fruit Compote

Course: Salad
Serves: 16

Ingredients

  • 1 can pineapple chunks (20 ounces)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 can mandarin oranges (11 ounces), drained
  • 3-4 medium apples unpeeled, chopped
  • 2-3 medium bananas sliced

Directions

  1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the pineapple, orange and lemon juices until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the fruits. Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

It feels good to post a recipe again - my first one for this new calendar year! 

Linking up with:
Inspiration Exchange
Thrive at Home Thursday
I'm Lovin' It
The Party Bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment