The taste of pumpkin and pecans, with a vanilla glaze make this quick bread so delicious. I have made it often for the holiday season. This year I made a double recipe (4 loaves in all) to use for a gathering in our home early in the fall, and also to have in the freezer to pull out and use during the holidays.
Source: Taste of Home
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpoe flour (or 2 cups white flour + 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour)
- 3 cups sugar (or 1 1/2 cups sugar + 1 1/2 cups fructose)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in the pecans.
- Spoon into two greased 9x5x3 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the butter, sugars and cream in a saucepan. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaves.
- Yield: 2 loaves