PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Favorite Grilled Pork Chops


Home for the month of August after a summer of travels, we are enjoying fresh veggies, and some grilled main dishes. The title of this recipe is appropriate - for this is our favorite grilled pork chop recipe. I do not have a record of where I found this recipe, so am not able to give credit to the source.

We enjoyed it recently, and I used some bone-in pork chops that I had in the freezer, though boneless would work good, as well. It was amazing - so tender and tasty. I love the flavor that the marinade adds to the pork.


Print Recipe

Favorite Grilled Pork Chops

Course: Main Course
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup green pepper diced
  • 4 teaspoons onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 4 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions

  1. In a blender or food processor, combine the soy sauce, green pepper, onion, brown sugar, ginger and garlic; process till smooth. Set aside 2 tablespoons for sauce.
  2. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container.
  3. Add pork chops and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (Even 3-4 hours is fine)
  4. Drain and discard marinade.
  5. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-8 minutes on each side.
  6. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved soy sauce; stir until smooth.
  7. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
  8. Serve over chops.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

This is one of 132 of my recipes that I have imported or manually typed into Plan to Eat, the online recipe planner that I use. One of my many projects - to continue on with adding all of our favorites. It's great to be able to access my weekly menu plan (and also the recipes, as well as the grocery shopping list) from my iPhone. I also like how it gives me the option to share my recipes here on my blog.

What's your favorite way to prepare pork chops in the summer?

Linking up with:
The Inspiration Exchange
I'm Lovin' It
Saturday Show and Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment