PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, April 16, 2018

On My Heart: Living as Beloved



Just how does it really happen?
That we can be going through an ordinary day,
or even a rather complicated kind of day -
and completely unexpectedly, we open our eyes
to beauty, and love, that takes our breath away.

And all of a sudden we are enveloped completely
with love, and overwhelmed with the best of joy 
in an unexpected and wonderful kind of way.
The sun shines through, and our spirits are lifted
in the best of ways - beautifully, perfectly.

I wonder, how does this happen -
unless we really are so very. deeply. loved.
It's easy to forget in the midst of the hurry,
and the gray that clouds our world and our days.
But we are loved; we are His beloved.

Dare we believe this? Dare we open our eyes
and our hearts to watch each day for this love?
For the beauty, for the surprises, for the joy
that He has for us. For me. 

Loving Father, help me to live as who I am ...
Your B-e-l-o-v-e-d, Your dearly loved child.
May I live my days with open eyes and heart,
watching for glimpses of Your love, 
listening to Your Words, coming close to You.

"Come close to God, 
and God will come close to you."
(James 4:8a)

"For He satisfies the longing soul,
and the hungry soul He fills with good things."
(Psalm 107:9)

And as I come close, and as I receive, 
the fullness of His love, and joy
spills over and out for others to see.

- - - - - - -

(Taking some time on this Monday morning as the sun is shining through the often cloudy days we've been having, thanking Him for His unexpected gifts of love over the weekend. Taking me by surprise, filling me with joy, reminding me of who we are, who I am; His beloved. It's easy to forget at times, to become too focused on the tasks or the problems at hand, that we don't even see. And this photo? A reminder of our beautiful trip to Italy in 2011; an unexpected gift, beauty at every turn. And today can be the same as we keep our eyes and our hearts open to His love and beauty ... at every turn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment