PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Sunday, April 1, 2018

On My Heart: Because of Today



Because of today,
it all can change for us;
Because of today,
we can be made new.

We can try to fix ourselves,
try to perfect ourselves;
not once, but over and over.
Always falling short ...

But there came a day in time,
in real time here, on our earth,
when there was One who came
to remedy our sin, our imperfection.

For when we put our trust
in His work on the cross;
His sacrifice, freely given -
then we are perfected forever.

We become His own, dearly loved -
we are declared righteous,
without fault, complete;
we become beautiful in His eyes.

"I am overwhelmed with joy
in the Lord, my God!
For He has dressed me with
the clothing of salvation
and draped me in a robe
of righteousness."
(Isaiah 61:10a)

Thank You, Lord ...
Because of today,
I am forgiven, I can live
deeply loved, fully accepted;
I am declared righteous -
all because of Jesus.


(Sharing the thoughts on my heart Easter Sunday 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment