PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reflections on March / Embracing April



I always love transitioning into a brand new month; a reflecting back to the month behind, and embracing the fresh new start of a new month.


Taste and see 
that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man
who takes refuge in Him.
(Psalm 34:8)

These words are on my mind and heart at this transition time, 

as I warmly reflect back, and as I expectantly look ahead to the new.


Each month, each day, and each moment ... 

we are invited to taste and see that the Lord is good

and we are gently called, and welcomed to take refuge in Him.


I am welcoming this beautiful springtime month of April, and I am welcoming and responding to His warm invitation to draw close, to pull up my chair, to lean in and listen, and to taste and see that He is good.


Times to draw close ...

March held multiple opportunities for me to draw close, for we went through some difficult times as we cared for my father (turning 96 this month!). He lives nearby in an Assisted Living home. We're thankful we can be near, and can be a help and encouragement to him, and though I sometimes resorted to worry and frustration instead of peace and trust, I am filled with thanks for how God carried us through those times last month. 

The best way to handle problems and challenges is to ... draw close to God. How humbled I am that even when we find ourselves filled with concern and worry in this life, that He is so good to us! And I am drawn, again, to closeness, to take refuge in Him - every month, every day.

I will be expectantly looking for times to pause as we enter into April, to listen amidst the busy days, to pull in extra close on the hard days, and to watch for all the ways that He is good. Each day.





Taste and see that I am good.
The more intimately you experience Me,
the more convinced you become
of My goodness.
(Jesus Calling)


No comments:

Post a Comment