PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Krispie Hearts



A bouquet of hearts for all the moms who read this post - you are greatly loved today, and always. Always giving away parts of your heart to your children - may your hearts be filled to overflowing today by those who love you.

And sharing with you a fun little Valentine's treat you can make for or with your kids. I made these for my grandkids this year - shared them at a Family Brunch we had together this past Saturday, mailed some off to our grandkids in Texas, had some more last night when a daughter came over with her two little ones, and then sent some home with her to share with friends.


Mix up a Rice Krispie bar recipe, press the mix on wax paper 3/4 inch thick, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts, carefully insert a lollipop stick (then press firmly and carefully around the stick). Then dip into melted chocolate or vanilla (I used chocolate and vanilla almond bark). Finish off with some Valentine sprinkles. Wrap in little lollipop bags (purchased at a craft store), tie with a twist tie ... and share your love!

Little Valentine treat cups for our grandkids ...

Note: I got this idea from a kit I purchased at Target, complete with everything I needed to make these heart treats. I also purchased extra lollipop sticks, silver twist ties, and lollipop bags to make more with the food ingredients I had on hand at home.

(Credit for banner at top of post: Digital Scrapper February Premier kit - twohearts-Anita.)

Forever Close: The Heart of a Mother

Linking up with:
Hearts 4 Home
I'm Lovin' It
Friday Flair

3 comments:

  1. I like your intentionality in the way you live your life. These grandkids will always remember your practical love.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Glenda! You are focused on Jesus and your family! You always do these neat things with your family. I made those Rice Krispie Hearts with a friend but I used to do things with my boys a long time ago. And, as boys, they do forget.
    Anyway, it's always fun to visit here, Cherry!
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to see your comment here, Janis, and to hear you have made these Rice Krispie Hearts, too! And thanks for your sweet, encouraging words!

      Delete