PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, February 11, 2013

Presence and Peace

Looking back over the past week ... sharing little nuggets, as recorded in my journal:

"Seek My Face,
 and you will find not only My Presence 
but also My Peace ... 
The most persistent choice you face
 is whether to trust Me or to worry."
 (Jesus Calling)

" ... letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace."  

(from Romans 8:6)



So thankful for another Devo Outing (a few afternoon hours on a weekday when my husband and I set aside our tasks and go to a quiet place to read and listen), on an amazingly beautiful day in February - it got up to 50 degrees! Sitting in our car at DeSoto, reading, thinking, listening - and a walk outdoors ... refreshment for the body and the soul.

And so blessed by this little book - Draw the Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge by Mark Batterson. (Too many notes in my journal to share here - watch for nuggets from this book in future "Heart Connect: Living a Life of Prayer" posts in the future, on Wednesdays.)


Thankful for the special blessing of a birthday lunch with three daughters, celebrating the birthday of daughter Sara - our "winter beauty", with a winter birthday - good food at Noodles & Co., and good conversation together. (And a gift and a handmade card - the first made in PSE 11 - thankful to be learning new things.)


And so blessed and so thankful for a fun Family Brunch on Saturday - good connections with family, honoring Sara with a Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (recipe to be posted tomorrow), and sharing Valentines with our sweet grandkids (with a fun treat I hope to post on Valentine's Day) ...

And more nuggets from my journal, as I listened during the week ...

"If you abide in Me, My Words abide in you, 
you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 
By this My Father is glorified, 
that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."
 (John 15:7-8)

"The lifeline, the line of rescue,
 is the line from the soul to God, faith, and power. 
It is a strong line, 
and no soul can be overwhelmed 
who is linked to Me by it. 
Trust, trust, trust. Never be afraid." 
(God Calling)

No comments:

Post a Comment