PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Time Has Come

In just one short week ~


The daffodils in our yard have bloomed ...


Our youngest daughter has given birth to a beautiful baby girl ...


And our oldest son has moved to San Francisco ...

How can a mother's heart hold so many emotions? Overflowing with joy at springtime, treasuring the precious memorable moments of birth, and needing to be held together as part of my heart has moved to San Francisco.

Today ~ treasuring memories, giving thanks, and holding on to the Maker of my heart, and the Giver of all that is good.

Thank You, loving Lord, for:

Springtime
Open windows
Daffodils
Chirping of birds
Green grass
New life

Your peace and presence in labor for our daughter
Perfect timing
Waiting with three year-old Cruz
And other family and close friends
The miracle of birth
Healthy newborn cry
New daddy's announcement to us ~ "It's a Girl!!"
Tears of joy
Overflowing love for our daughter, and her newborn daughter
Holding the most precious gift in my arms
Most treasured moments
Holding them close in my heart

Your presence and peace two days later
Words of love
Warm good-byes
Wiping tears
Trusting our oldest son to Your care
Joy in watching our son following his dreams
Seeing Your provision for him
Safety in travel
Texts of safe arrival

Your Spirit within
Holding me together
Filling me with thanks and with love
The incredible gift of family
And of love

(Counting 1000 Gifts in 2012 - #188-219)










And sharing my mother heart at the time of birth, and the time of good-byes, at:


6 comments:

  1. Oh, Cherry. you were placed on my heart a few times this last week. Now I see why. . .

    Your daffodils are amazing!
    Your daughter and granddaughter are absolutely beautiful!
    And your son is in the Best of Hands. . .

    So thankful you captured these gifts and shared them with us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations on the newest family member! So sweet. Best of luck to your son on his new journey! Such a beautiful list of gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the style and sincerity of your gratitude here, Cherry. You have had a full week! How wonderful to welcome a new, sweet granddaughter. I'm glad she and the others will keep your arms warm and full while your heart transitions to your son away.
    And I adore the picture of your daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebrating joy with you today!

    Thanks for splashing me with God's goodness today. I hope you don't mind if I wade around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into all things good..

    Splashin'
    Sarah

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Three generations of women all in one week. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. I love the style you wrote this in. Like a poem of thanksgiving and blessings. I came over from write it girl and really enjoyed reading of the good gifts God gives his children. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that God has given a mother's heart lots of room to grow and expand in many different directions...It sounds like yours has experienced some of that expanding this past week....

    Your granddaughter is beautiful and I know she will bering you so much joy....And I know you gave your son good roots so that now He can fly into the plan God has created for him......

    ReplyDelete