PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, January 24, 2011

All Our Moments

A beautiful fresh snowfall Saturday evening and through the night ...

"Seek My Face, 
and you will find more than you ever dreamed possible. 
Let Me displace worry at the center of your being ... 
My nature is to bless. 
Your nature is to receive with thanksgiving ... 
I am the goal of all your searching. 
When you seek Me, you find Me and are satisfied ... 
Live radiantly by expanding your focus 
to include Me in all your moments. 
Let nothing dampen your search for Me."
(Jesus Calling)

My heart was captured by these words from my Jesus Calling book early last week. Seeking Him ... pursuing His heart, the main focus of this blog place ... finding more than I ever dreamed. Including Him in all my moments. 

And my thoughts went to the brand new book I have ordered, coming in the mail soon ... One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.

I am wanting to go deeper ~ in pursuing Him, and in looking for the countless ways God desires to satisfy us in our everyday moments, our everyday living. All the beauty He shows us, glimpses of His awesome creation, His unending love, and His peace and mercy. All for us.

And, for those reading this who have not purchased this book yet (in the Top Ten Best-selling on Amazon in recent days) ... you will want to order one. Click here to watch a video, order the book, and then go over here to join in on the Bloom Book Club for weekly discussions (beginning February 6) of this life-changing book. The author Ann Voskamp, farmer's wife, mom of six, helping lead the discussions each week.

And as I wait for all that God wishes to teach me as I read this book, I continue counting ...

Thank You, loving Lord, for ...

~ showing me so clearly late last spring that I should start up this blog place ...

~ giving me great joy as I write and share here ...

~ the unexpected blessing of meeting kindred spirit bloggers through my writing and sharing in this place, and for all I am learning from their writings ...

~ the joy of sharing my thoughts, in writing, with my own daughters, also kindred spirits ...

~ encouragement from my friends and family, so sweet with their words ...

~ all the stories You have crafted into our lives, waiting to be told, for Your glory ...

~ the beauty we see in all Your creation, all those You have created, each with their own unique stories to tell ...

~ filling our hearts with thanks ...

~ giving us peace ...

~ the Greatest Story Ever Told ...

~ giving us "every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ" (Ephesians 1:3)

"May you be filled with joy,
always thanking the Father."
(Colossians 1:11b-12a)

(One Thousand Gifts #190-200)




holy experience

4 comments:

  1. I too long to go deeper, Cherry! Thanks for this post. And you'll LOVE Ann's book. I'm reading it right now--wow is all I can say.

    Blessings to you, today!
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also found great joy in digging deeper in the Word. HE also showed me the way to write down what He is doing in my life!

    What joy to dig deeper, to completely know HIM!

    Thank you for sharing and for listening to His prompting...M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is PERFECT...'I am wanting to go deeper ~ in pursuing Him, and in looking for the countless ways God desires to satisfy us in our everyday moments, our everyday living. All the beauty He shows us, glimpses of His awesome creation, His unending love, and His peace and mercy. All for us.'

    this is all Ann's book and more, His heart...I can't wait for you to start reading...

    and you made me tear up thinking..I AM SO GLAD HE LEAD YOU TO START THIS BLOG AND YOU FOUND ME! I am so, so thankful...He led us both!!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post.
    I am blessed to read your words and gratitude listing.

    ReplyDelete