PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reflections of Him

I like this little quote that I read in my Jesus Calling book this week:

"All true beauty reflects some of who I Am." (Jesus)

Beautiful things just take my breath away and lift my spirits ... probably because they give me a very real glimpse of God. All true beauty comes from Him, given to us for joy.

I am thankful for the beauty of this past week, glimpses of our loving God:

The beauty seen right close by, in our own yard ...

The brilliant leaves on the chokeberry bush we planted this spring.

Close-up view of the brightly colored berries on the bush ...

Vibrant colors on our Autumn Blaze Maple, planted this spring.

The beauty I saw in the faces of loved ones visiting us this week ... click here to read of a few wonderful days that we had with my brother and sister-in-law as they were traveling through, moving from the Washington DC area, to Washington state.

The beautiful sounds of family as fifteen of us gathered around the table, and enjoyed an evening all together while Lee & Cheryl were here visiting. And the sounds of 5 of our grandchildren playing afterwards (3 one-year-olds, a three-year-old, and an eight-year-old). 

The beauty of worship in song ... the worship times during church are some of my favorite parts of each week. The truths of the words and the sounds from our worship band lift my spirit and speak life to my soul.

The sweet beauty of kneeling beside my husband several evenings this week as we prayed together for our children, grandchildren, and for others ... God is teaching us both more about intercessory prayer. So powerful and a highlight of my week.

The indescribable beauty of God's Word speaking truth to my heart. I started the year out memorizing some longer collections of verses, and then tapered off. But this last week I decided to start up with memorizing again, this time with some shorter passages. I chose Romans 8:32-34 for this past week. My heart can hardly contain the truths of these verses ... 


And a thirty minute walk through our little town yesterday had so much beauty to be seen ...




Thank You, loving and gracious Lord, for all these glimpses of You ...

(One Thousand Gifts #8-14)


2 comments:

  1. so fun to read this...so great that you "officially" joined the Gratitude Community...i guess I missed your first post? and memorizing too:) these are the kind of revolutions...or renewals...or both that we need:) did you see my thanks last week that was about reflections? how neat we are connecting to the same things...and most, the same one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the beauty in your life through words and photos!

    ReplyDelete