PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, October 8, 2010

Of High Necessity

Some great quotes that have caught hold of my heart, encouraging me and reminding me of the necessity and importance of prayer ...

Jennifer Kennedy Dean, author of Live a Praying Life:
"Prayer is the channel through which God's will is brought to earth."

O. Hallesby:
"Prayer is the conduit through which power from heaven is brought to earth."

Andrew Murray:
"God's intense longing to bless seems in some sense to be graciously limited by His dependence on the intercession that rises from earth."

John Wesley:
"God will do nothing but in answer to prayer."

E. M. Bounds:
"God shapes the world by prayer."

James 4:2
"You do not have, because you do not ask God."

Psalm 91:15
"When they call on Me, I will answer ... "

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

John 14:13-14
"You can ask for anything in My name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in My name, and I will do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment