PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, October 15, 2010

At the Heart of Prayer

"True prayer is when God's heart is expressed through your words," says Jennifer Kennedy Dean in Week 4 of Live a Praying Life. Of course, prayer is simply talking with God about all the things that concern us. Talking with Him, instead of worrying ... this is what our loving Father longs for us to do.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." (Philippians 4:6)

But how can we be involved in true intercessory prayer for others, for our desperately needy world? How can our words join in with the prayers continually flowing from His Spirit in us?

Jennifer says, "Powerful praying is not a matter of knowing the right words to say, rather it is having a heart that is at God's disposal - open to hear His every sigh and whisper and to echo it in prayer."

The key is ... to keep my heart closely connected with God's heart. Making it my priority to seek Him above all else, everyday. Something so simple ... but something of highest value.

Lord, our hearts are drawn to so many things ... but help me continually to seek Your heart above all else. Help me to "love You with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind." (Matthew 22:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment