PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Covered by Prayer 24/7

I am so thankful to be going through the study Live a Praying Life again this fall. The author is filled with wisdom on prayer, and has a special gift of explaining familiar truths from Scripture, and bringing them to new light. Each day's homework causes us to think deeply on truths that are recorded in Scripture.

And as I always have the need to write down the things that God impresses on my heart each day, I am following the direction God seems to be giving me ... to share these nuggets of encouragement on prayer in the form of blog entries.

This morning's homework kept me thinking all the way to my daughter's house early this morning, where I am taking care of our two little 18 month-old grandsons for 10 hours today. They are taking their morning naps now ... a good time to record what has been going on in my mind.

What would it feel like to know that we are being prayed for 24/7? To know that someone who deeply loves us and only has the best in mind for us, is constantly talking to God the Father on our behalf?

It is almost too much for me to comprehend and contain in my heart to know that I am covered by prayer 24/7, that Someone is continually bringing my needs to the Father. I am being prayed for continually. I am being prayed for by God's Spirit who lives in me.

" ... we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will." (Romans 8:26-27)

And when we pray throughout the day as we go about our work and our play, we are joining in with the prayers that are constantly going from God's Spirit within us, up to our Father in heaven. A continual flow of prayer.

The author of Live a Praying Life writes, "By the time you begin to speak your need or desire in prayer, you are simply joining into a flow of prayer that is already in progress."

"Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear."
(Isaiah 65:24)

And here is a photo of the two sweet little boys I spent 10 hours with today ...


No comments:

Post a Comment