PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, January 20, 2023

The Start of a New Year - Journals and Planners

 

Can you believe we are already in the second half of January? It has been a full first half of the month. And I do love this time of year ... a pause after the holidays, a time to catch our breath, to look back and look ahead. A time to savor memories, and a hopeful, prayerful time looking ahead to the new year.


These two weeks have also been a time to re-organize, and to set up planners, journals, and care for various home-keeping things as we step into a new year. Most of my set-up for this new year is in place. And I am thankful. And I am also very aware that, even with all the ideas, all the setting-up and organizing, that the most important, most integral and essential part of a New Year, is Immanuel: God with Us. His Love, His Promises, and His Presence ... each day, each and every moment. 

Much of my writing here on my blog first begins in my journal (as was true with this post), pictured in the first photo. This is where I connect deeply, through written words - writing out His Words, listening to His heart, and responding from my own heart. And then, the other two notebooks (pictured above) are helpful to me in the actual living out of my weeks, days, and moments.



This is the second year in a row now that I have used this notebook (pictured above), for my main yearly planner. I found this on Amazon (click here), and I really do love it. (I notice it is currently not available - hoping it comes back in stock!). I use the six sections for some of my main focuses each year, breaking them down month-by-month. Categories for keeping up with our big family, various aspects of home-keeping, and also the many projects I have in this season of life. The beautiful calendar pages in the first section of this notebook are printed out come from this online source.




These two photos show the notebook where I break down my main focuses into weekly, and then daily pages. I go through one of these notebooks each three-month season. This is where my main focuses (from my main yearly planner) flesh out into the weekly, and the daily. 

Planners are helpful for living out each year, each month, and each day. For keeping the main things in the forefront, and also for keeping on track with all the small, but necessary things of life. Of course, using these various notebooks would all seem quite tedious to those who don't love planners, but for me, this is a joy. It is very helpful to me to put things down on paper, rather than carrying ideas and plans around in my mind. And, also, I love all the pretty notebooks! 

But as important as planners are to me, most important is living each day connected deeply with the One who loves us more than any other. Who knows us more completely than we even know ourselves. Who created us to uniquely reflect His Love to those around us. 

Thanks for reading my first post of 2023! Sharing about my planners at the start of this year because it gives me joy ... and also with the hopes that in some way my words can be an encouragement to you. Maybe even in some simple, small way.                              Wishing you a Happy New Year!                                    
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment