PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, December 26, 2022

Closing Out Another Year

 


Entering in here, with a quiet little post to finish out the year 2022. It has been quite an unusual year for us. So full of happenings (from radiation treatment for my precious husband, with everything turning out very well! ... to spending quality time with my siblings, including working together moving our youngest brother to an assisted living facility just two blocks from our home). All of these happenings left very little time for me to write and post here. Something I really do love to do, but just needed to be set aside for a season. Actually, a rather long season.

But I am not complaining ... it has been a lovely year, in its own way. Filled up with evidences of God's loving care, and His faithful presence in all the facets of life. We are thankful.

Here are a few little glimpses into our lives from these past few weeks ... just a random little collection of things that have given us joy.


A few weeks after the very special treat of having 21 family home for Thanksgiving, quite unexpectedly, both my hubby and I came down with one of the many cold/flu bugs that have been making the rounds. As a result, we had a very quiet Christmas together this year. 

Our new pre-lit flocked Christmas tree that we had purchased the end of November, together with the warmth from our electric fireplace stove ... provided a very cozy setting for us to rest up during our days of not feeling well. We had some super cold days right before Christmas and over Christmas weekend, so it was the perfect time to just stay indoors.


Oh, we really do love our Skylight Photo Frame, a Christmas gift from our family a year ago for Christmas!  It's quite magical, with photos that they email to our Skylight email address automatically appearing on our screen within a minute or less after they send them! Such a joy. We are so grateful for our growing family ... six grown children together with all the loved ones they bring with them! And very soon, we will gain another family member ... our first great-grandbaby! We are so very excited for this next season ... 


Though I absolutely love all the holiday baking and prep, it looked quite different for me this year with not feeling well in the few weeks leading up to Christmas. Also, as our family came home for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas. But there were a few things that just had to happen anyway. One of those things was the baking of cinnamon rolls, a recipe that I put together years ago. And I make these every.single.Christmas. So yummy. Click here to see the recipe.

And the holiday cookie that I could not skip, is Date Pinwheels ... click here for the recipe. My dear mother made these, and I love to continue on with the tradition. Here's a photo from a previous Christmas (date pinwheels in the upper right).


I'm spending these days reflecting, and thanking God. And also, am already overflowing with ideas and thoughts for the New Year. I hope to be posting here more regularly in the weeks/months ahead. And will just quietly trust, and wait on God for opportunities for writing and sharing here.

3 comments:

  1. What a charming review. As always. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cherry for your sharing. We do enjoy seeing your family photos! Have a Blessed New Year!
    Stan & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom always made the date pinwheel cookies also!!❤️Hope u guys r back to good health! God bless! Happy New Year!!❤️

    ReplyDelete