PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Every Detail, Everything



Beautiful words for today
and for our every day ...

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
(Psalm 37:23)

Letting this sink into our hearts ...
He cares about e-v-e-r-y detail.




And these words ...

Don't worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything.
(Phil. 4:6)

He wants us to pray about
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.




Grateful for these words ...
Needing to remind myself each day -

All through the day ...
Whatever my task at hand,
or whatever is on my mind -

Busy days, full of decisions ...
As wives, moms, grandmas,
and with jobs, and friends -

Joy-filled days, days with trials ...
In our homes, in our country,
always needing God's help -

Filled with cares and concerns,
Some big, some small,
and with e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g;
just pray.

Thank You, Lord ...
You delight in e-v-e-r-y detail.

* * * * * * *

Sharing my heart with a few extra thoughts ...

Is it easy to bring everything on our minds and in our hearts to God, to talk with Him about all things? Sometimes it is, and sometimes it is not.

Sometimes we are so heartbroken, we cannot even verbalize our thoughts into a prayer. I found myself in this situation last week ... so heartbroken over something, unable to hardly even function, think, or put my thoughts into words. It was at that time that I knew I needed extra help, and I contacted a few friends who would pray on my behalf. They did. And God heard my prayers through them. And I know that His Spirit within also brought the cries of my heart to God the Father on my behalf.

It is also in those times of heartbreak, or in times when I am in great need of strength or of understanding, that it is very helpful for me to write out my thoughts and my prayers, bringing all of it to Him, filling my journals with the cries of my heart. Spilling out and writing out the good and the sometimes ugly. It is in the process of bringing e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to Him, all of my confused, or heartbroken thoughts - it is through the process of bringing them to Him that I experience His love, His presence, and His help. 

Maybe it is in the process 
of bringing everything to Him, 
that we find that He really does care 
about every detail of our lives. 
And in realizing that He cares, 
we find the comfort and the help 
that we so desperately need.



No comments:

Post a Comment