PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, December 31, 2012

Nutty Cheeseball


Celebrating the completion of another calendar year - and sharing a recipe for a yummy appetizer for a New Year's Eve party, or to save and use for one of the many celebrations of the year ahead!

I used my brand new KitchenAid Artisan Mixer to prepare this recipe for our Family Christmas snack/appetizer spread in the evening. My husband knew that I had been wishing for a KitchenAid for years, and he was so sweet to give one to me as my Christmas gift (and as an early-Christmas gift so that I could use it for all the Christmas baking and prep!)

Nutty Cheeseball

1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I substituted chopped green onion)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Place all ingredients except pecans in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 1 minute, or until well blended.

On waxed paper, shape mixture into a ball. Roll ball in chopped pecans. Wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with assorted crackers or raw vegetables.

(Credit: This recipe was in the Instruction Book for the KitchenAid Mixer.)

Linking up with:
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Better Mom Mondays
Inspire Me Monday


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a cheese ball I made once. I really liked it, and so I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for posting it, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete