PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Size of Our Prayers - {Heart Connect}


Our view of God determines the size of our prayers.

"Yet many of us pray as if our problems are bigger than God. 
So let me remind you of this high-octane truth that should fuel your faith: 
God is infinitely bigger than your biggest problem or biggest dream."
(Mark Batterson in The Circle Maker)

How small my prayers are at times. And how dismal my outlook. Forgetting who we are talking with, forgetting who is the powerful one. But we are not praying to one who is equal to us. 

"'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord.
'And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.'"
(Isaiah 55:8)

Our biggest problem is not our big problems

"Our biggest problem is our small view of God."
 (The Circle Maker)


Heart Connect: Living a Life of Prayer - click here to read earlier posts in this series.

(Photo above taken on our 40th Anniversary Trip to Italy - an unexpected gift from God, revealed to us just one month before we flew to Italy. Beyond our highest expectations.)

Linking up with:

Work in Progress Wednesday
Thought Provoking Thursday
Faith Filled Friday

4 comments:

  1. Cherry- today you are the ORACLE OF GOD for me- these words " Hit the Spot" accurately, thank YOU.
    I WILL NOT FORGET the POWERFUL ONE.
    I declare that He is infinitely able to far more than I could ever dare to ask of imagine, more than my wildest dreams.
    Forgive me Lord, for my "small" thinking, and help me to grasp how High, how deep, How high and how broad is the Love of God for His beloved ones. Oh yes~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. each step is a prayer of thanksgiving.

    be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such convicting truth in this post! I have all too often been guilty of exactly this... How is it that my view of God could be so small? Definitely something for me to think over.

    Thanks for stopping by Thought Provoking Thursday! I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Thanks for the encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we've got small minds which cannot conceive of how powerful, how full of love and compassion God is! patsy

    ReplyDelete