PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Time for Projects

I love how God provides for our needs, and even gives us times of rest. Our lives have certainly been full this spring and summer, and I am finding myself in an unusual period of time now, where I am able to rest, as well as spend time on some long-neglected projects around the house. I was a bit apprehensive of my husband being gone for three weeks on a missions trip to Quebec with five of our Student Venture students. We both agreed that it would be best for me to stay home and take care of the home place, especially as we have another trip coming up together, right after Gary returns home from Quebec.

So, even though I am missing my husband, I am embracing this time as a gift from God. I will never get caught up with projects that I would love to do, but I am grateful for these weeks to work on a few.

My biggest project has been to go through boxes and boxes of homeschool records and books which have been stored in our storage room for years, just waiting for me. I am keeping a record for each of our homeschool years, but much of what is stored just needs to go and make room for other things. I'm thankful for this time to be working on this.

I'm also thankful to be able to spend some time scrapbooking, something I love to do, but seldom have had time for this spring and summer. I've scrapbooked some of the years of our lives (besides making scrapbooks for each of our six children at high school graduation time), but am now going back many years, and doing an album of our wedding. So very fun! I am so thankful for time to do this. I take photos of about everything, so here is one from yesterday of my scrapbooking project in process.


So thankful for this gift of time for projects, and remembering from whom I have received it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so glad you have time for some projects and to go back to your wedding photos to make your wedding album! :) I am thanking God so much for how He has blessed you. May the Lord bless your projects and help you have creative fun times. I pray He would use your creativity to glorify Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading this blog, Mom. You are truly an amazing woman. I pray that I can be as good of a wife and mother as you are! Thank you for being such an excellent example for me.

    ReplyDelete