PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, March 11, 2019

On My Heart: The Gospel



The gospel
gives us freedom, forgiveness
for our past, our mistakes.

The gospel
promises us hope and joy 
for our tomorrows, our future.

And the gospel
is essential and a lifeline
for our todays, our present.

We need to learn 
the great significance of the gospel
even, and especially for today, 
for each day, for our moments.

“I have been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live, but
Christ who lives in me.
And the life I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself
for me” (Gal. 2:20)

Do I often wake up, and walk through
my days in my own strength,
exerting my own energy, efforts?
Or do I live my moments in 
dependence on the gospel, 
on His life in me?


Credit: Photo by Kris Atomic on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment