PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

On My Heart: Watching Every Day for the New



"I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun!
Do you not see it? I will
make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."
(Isaiah 43:19)

Sometimes I long for something big,
some big momentous change,
a pathway that is marked and visible.
Do you do the same, as well?

But maybe the pathway can come
in a very quiet way,
on a very ordinary day ...
the beauty enveloping our souls
in the grandest sort of way.

"... sometimes God will 
set the stage to move our hearts
and minds closer to Him
as we embrace His purposes afresh."
(Tim Keller)

On an ordinary day,
as we quiet our hearts,
and spend time listening to 
His Words. Even these days
can bring life-giving rivers - 
as we embrace His Words, His heart,
and allow His Spirit to flow through
the innermost places of our souls.

Lord, may I watch with expectancy
each day, for You at work
in my heart, in my world.


Photo: our cucumber plants, growing and surprising us with new little yellow flowers even in early June. And today, almost a week after the photo above was taken, and after some heavy summer rains, our cucumber plants are bursting with even more growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment