PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, August 25, 2017

Quieting My Heart: No Need to Compare



Do you do as I often do,
and find yourself comparing?
Maybe even more so
in this world of online,
where everyone puts
their best out there
for all to see?

But if we keep our sights
on the important, and the eternal -
there is absolutely no room
for comparing, for competing.

“We are only God’s servants …
each of us did the work
the Lord gave us.”
(I Cor. 3:5)

How can we even dare 
to think that it is up to us -
our gifts, our talents,
that make things happen,
that makes the real difference?

Paul tells us,
“I planted the seed in your hearts,
and Apollos watered it,
but it was God
who made it grow.
It is not important
who does the planting
or who does the watering.
What’s important is that 
God makes the seed grow.”
(I Cor. 3:6-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment