PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, August 4, 2017

Quieting My Heart: My Daily Ambition



What is my ambition
each day? Today?
Is it to accomplish, to perform?
To strive for perfection
in all that I do?

Do I first of all focus
on my tasks?
Do I look for outcomes,
always wanting to
be successful in what I do?

The end result of 
being driven to perfection,
can leave us empty,
worn out, and depleted.

“I don’t see Jesus calling me
to excellence.
I do see Him calling me
to Himself.”
(Emily Freeman)

“The faithful love of the Lord
never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh
each morning.”
(Lam. 3:22-23)

Lord, may my highest goal
each day, today,
be to lean into You -
Your mercies, Your grace;
may my daily ambition be 
to be in need of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment