It's my desire to write a food-related post once each week, though I don't always get it done! But it's always fun when I do have time to share one ...
This week I'm sharing a recipe that I should have shared long ago, as it is one that I have been making for years - Yum-a-Setta! It is an easy, and comforting dish. I can't remember for sure where I first found the recipe, but am thinking that it may have even been from a newspaper article.
This dish freezes well, too, and now that there are just two of us at home, I still make the full pan, and then divide up what is left into meal-sized portions, putting them in the freezer. Yum-a-setta is on the menu here in our home for supper tonight - a prepared meal from the freezer! My daughters and I have included it on some of our Freezer Meal Days, too.
Course: Main Dish/Beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- brown sugar little
- 1⁄4 onion chopped
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 16-oz pkg egg noodles (about 6 cups dry)
- 1 8 oz. pkg processed cheese
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and onion.
- Add tomato soup to beef mixture.
- Cook egg noodles; drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
- Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in casserole dish with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.