PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, October 31, 2015

October in Review

Another month is nearing an end, and before we enter into the new month of November, I'll share a collection of what I have written about during October. I continue to be so thankful to God for granting me pockets of time to do something I love to do so much ... writing, and sharing here on my blog! Click on the caption of each photo to see the post ...

It's always fun to welcome a new month with a photo and a short post ...

Welcome October

My devotional posts this month, which are the heart of my blog and the main reason that I write, were connected with my reading of Emily Freeman's book, Simply Tuesday: Small-Moment Living in a Fast-Moving World. Such a good book, and perfect timing for me to read it, as the topics were things that God had already been impressing on my mind in recent weeks/months.

Living Small


Control or Rest


Listen, Love, and Pray


Walking with Our Smallness

October holds the memories of when my mother passed on to heaven. It was a special privilege to be able to visit her gravesite in mid-October as we were driving across the state. And it was meaningful for me to write a post with some of my memories.

Eight Years Later

I love to put up recipe posts each month, but somehow, I only was able to put up one during the whole month - very unusual. It was a collection of the soup recipes that I have posted in previous months/years here on my blog. I love fall, and also soup season!

The Season for Soups

Then it was fun to write a very unusual post for me ... focusing on how I manage to get our home cleaned. I've been doing some "fall cleaning" this month in preparation for our whole family being home for Thanksgiving (22 of us in all!), so it seemed a good time to write a bit about this topic.

15-Minute Cleaning

It's always fun, too, when I can post one of my digital scrapbook pages ... this month I shared one of several pages from our trip to Colorado Springs in mid-October. It was such a beautiful time of year to be there!



I am so thankful for God's presence, love, and strength through all that this past month held ... there is never a dull moment in this full life! And I am thankful for the connections with family and friends, and also, with those who have connected with me through my writing here, and on other places of social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment