PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Club Sandwiches



There are so many variations of sandwiches, and I'm always watching for new ideas to try. This is one that caught my attention about a month ago, and I have served it twice so far! One time it was just for the two of us, and the next time it was when we had a group of 12 over to our home.

It is as tasty as it looks! The sliced avocados add a special touch, though I did not include them the second time I made them, and they were equally delicious! It was just a bit quicker to assemble them for our group of 12, otherwise I would have included them the second time I used this recipe, as well.


Print Recipe

Club Sandwiches


Course: Lunch
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 12 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 French rolls split
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 8 slices tomato
  • 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and sliced
  • 14 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
  • 12 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
  • 12 cooked bacon strips
  • 12 pound sliced deli turkey
  • 12 pound sliced deli ham
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese

Directions

  1. Spread mayonnaise over cut sides of rolls. 
  2. On roll bottoms, layer the lettuce, tomato and avocado. 
  3. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with pepper. 
  4. Layer with bacon, turkey, ham and cheese. Replace roll tops. 
  5. Yield: 4 servings. 

Powered by
Plan To Eat

Note: I tripled this recipe to serve our group of 12, using a package of 12 hoagie buns purchased at Sam's.



As our friends arrived at various times for the recent gathering in our home for our Cru volunteers, I set up an assembly line station on one of my kitchen counters. It made for easy assembling of the club sandwiches as people arrived, serving the sandwiches freshly made. Our guests made multiple comments about the tasty sandwich; you can be assured that this recipe is a great one to try!

Do you have a favorite sandwich recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment