PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, June 8, 2015

A New Week: Of Most Importance

A Holy Experience - Free Tools & Framables Library

As a new week begins, I find myself focusing on preparing the "to-do" list for the coming week. There are so many things to keep track of, and so many things to remember to do. 

It has been a busy few months for my hubby and me, and just when we were beginning to see glimpses of things slowing down a few weeks ago, we both came down with bad colds. Which actually did slow us down in some ways for a time. And then just as we were recovering from those bad colds, our week last week filled up with some unexpected events (two funerals) that we needed to go to. One involved traveling out-of-state. And we are thankful, and blessed, that we could go and be with those we love.

And now, again, I am preparing for a new week. It is my default to always first prepare the calendar, the planner, and the lists. These are all essential. But they are not of most importance.

For it is of most important that I prepare my heart. And remind my heart and mind that intimacy is more important than productivity. 

This is the work (service) 
that God asks of you:
that you believe in the One whom He has sent
(that you cleave to, trust, rely on,
and have faith in His Messenger).
(John 6:29 AMP)

That's my daily work,
the work God asks of me.
To trust.
(One Thousand Gifts Devotional)

As a new week begins, with calendar and planner filled, my focus is not productivity ... but my focus is keeping in close connection with God, taking one day at a time, trusting Him moment by moment. 

A week of intimacy, not productivity.

Commit everything you do
to the Lord.
Trust Him,
and He will help you.
(Psalm 37:5)

Sharing thoughts that are on my mind as I begin a new week, and as I am reading through One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Graces by Ann Voskamp. And thankful for the free images she shares here.

No comments:

Post a Comment