PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, January 16, 2012

One Step at a Time

Photo Source

"Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by Your truth and teach me,
for You are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in You."
(Psalm 25: 4-5)

As we make decisions, and as we step into a new week ~ we don't need to carry tomorrow's burdens today. Our focus is today - walking with Him, focusing on Him. One-step-at-a-time, holding His hand, trusting in Him. Trusting for the big things, and even more importantly, for the little things. For life is made up of single steps, one followed by another.

"As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you - now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur ... come to Me and relax in My Peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day ... " (Jesus Calling)

"Come to Me. 
Get away with Me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with Me and work with Me - 
watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me,
and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
(Matthew 11:28-30 - The Message)

Thanking Him for the anticipation of walking with Him through this coming week; and thanking Him for His gifts from this past week:

For His Words that bring life and direction ~
"Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."(Matt. 6:20-21)
"Through this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins. Everyone who believes in Him is declared right with God." (from Acts 13)
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love ... indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
Being able to worship with friends who speak the same language of our hearts - and being able to hear such good teaching - from Luke 4 yesterday.

For the little joys of daily life ~
Purchase of apple tv (with Christmas money) - thanks to two sons who recommended we do so.
Discovery of Masterpiece Classics - and the fun of catching up with watching "Downton Abbey" series one (thanks to apple tv) in time to view series two on regular tv.
My "dream room" in our home ~ a place for my quiet moments with God, scrapbooking, projects - a place of creativity and refreshment.


Cooking of a turkey - focusing on using up items from the pantry and freezer this month - one turkey, enough for 10 meals (divided up for a variety of recipes in the coming weeks, and put back in freezer).
Successfully setting up a new blog for our ministry at the start of this new year (our previous website host is closing down in a few months).


A gray/black cardigan received as a Christmas gift, and how a scarf that I bought in Italy last fall goes perfectly with it.
Some warmer days this past week - warm enough for taking some walks outdoors.


For the gift of family ~
A sweet thank you note from a sister-in-law.
A son calling, sharing thoughts as he starts up another semester at college.
Phone call my husband had with another son - catching up.
Phone calls, texts, and emails from daughters.
Hearing a little two year-old grandson over the phone.
Special time of focused prayer together with my husband.
Reading of blogs some of our daughters write.

(The Joy Dare for 2012 - # 22-42)

Counting gifts along with others at A Holy Experience; counting 1000 gifts in 2012.








2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Ann's blog. Such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your many blessings :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creativity of noticing your gifts in this way.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ps. I am loving Downton Abbey, too.

    ReplyDelete