PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Staying Close

Photo Source

"Stay ever so close to Me, and you will not deviate from the path I have prepared for you."
(Jesus Calling)

On busy days, even the wonderful, full days of December, when so many things are calling for our attention - we need to hold tightly onto Him. We need to focus on staying close to the One who knows the best path to take. And our focus is on the loving and the following - and He will take care of the rest.

"You must love the Lord your God with all your heart,
all your soul, and all your strength."
(Deut. 6:5)

Thanking Him for these words, as I refocus and exchange my plans, for His. Exchanging a day at home tomorrow, working on preparations for Christmas and having time for necessary office and home projects - to driving into Omaha with my husband to assist my 90 year-old father as he has a doctor's appointment, taking him to do some shopping, and then taking time to talk over some things that he has been wanting to discuss with the two of us. 

Sometimes it's hard for me to shift my plans, but isn't this what Christmas is all about? Listening to, loving, and following the One who came and gave His life for love.

Linked to Imperfect Prose, Faith Barista











5 comments:

  1. I read that this morning, too. Asking the Lord to teach me more about staying close.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and have missed reading your blog...thank you for always serving me your golden wisdom and practical yet profound ways of following Him:}

    {p.s. I love that you and Glenda are buddies...it makes me smile: two of our stops on the way home:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherry,

    Linked up behind you at Emily's blog...such wisdom and love in what you wrote...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words strike a chord. "Remain" has been on my heart today. In staying close, he can give wisdom in how to change our plans. Wonderful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i needed this tonight. it's hard for me to shift gears too... such a control freak, i am. bless you cherry. xo

    ReplyDelete