PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Peace

Photo Source

(Joining with others this morning, writing for five minutes on the word "tired".)

During this beautiful season (and all through the year, too), we see tired people walking around. And often we join them in their walking. Some are tired because of physical over-exertion, and the bearing of many burdens. Others are tired because of unreal expectations, which bring unrest and dissatisfaction. And still others have a tiredness in the core of their being because of a lack of love and of peace.

All of the above can creep up on us unexpectedly, and we can find ourselves tired - physically, emotionally, in every way. I fell onto that path recently. And as I took time off to be refreshed, I was reminded of the incredible, wonderful Gift that we have been given.

"For a Child is born to us ...
And He will be called:
Wonderful Counselor
Mighty God
Everlasting Father
Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9:6)

"Since I am your constant Companion, My peace is steadfastly with you. 
When you keep your focus on Me, you experience both My Presence and My Peace."
 (Jesus Calling)

Thank You, gracious God, for Your Peace, a Gift from you that eases our tiredness, and calms our hearts. May we experience this Gift in new ways this Christmas season.

Linking to Five Minute Friday



1 comment:

  1. visiting from Five Minute Friday...
    nothing like peace to ease the tired! :)

    ReplyDelete