PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Journal of Thanks

At Vala's Pumpkin Patch.

A week-full of memories, and things to be thankful for (bits of thanks from my journal last week):

Beautiful fall weather.
A safe return of my husband from a quick 3-day trip to Houston for SV "It's Time!" Prayer Conference.
Hearing of God at work in the lives of students.
Being able to finish the posts about our Italy Trip - so many memories.
Insight for us as a couple regarding a decision.
An evening at Vala's with Amy, and Levi and Ali - beautiful fall day.
These words that I read:

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, 
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in Him at all times.
Pour out your heart to Him, 
for God is our refuge."
Psalm 62:5-8

Praying together up on "our hill", a beautiful cemetery overlooking our town.
Progress with digital scrapbooking.
Daily nourishment from The Word.
Encouragement from these words in my Jesus Calling devotional book:

"Do not fear your weakness,
for it is the stage on which My Power and My Glory 
perform most brilliantly."

Time to bake bread and rolls one day - work, but also fun, and so rewarding.
Progress with some needed Student Venture office work.
Making Chicken Fajita Pizza together on our Date Night.
Printing out my first digital scrapbook page on 8x8 size paper.
Saturday lunch with Carrie and Cruz here with us - such a joy.
Fun to share the joy of grandbaby #10 on the way.
Signing up for a Pinterest account (with Carrie's encouragement and help) - looks very fun.
A phone call from a son, asking for prayer.
Time over the weekend to relax, enjoy, and rest.
These words this morning - just what I need.

"The Lord will fight for you;
you need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14

Thank You, Lord, for all these memories (and more) from this past week. For all Your gifts to us - Your help and presence in hard moments, and for all the beauty of fall, family, and friends.


(One Thousand Gifts #685-705)

Linking up to Multitudes on Mondays



No comments:

Post a Comment