PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sunday Chicken and Stuffing

A very comforting dish ... and so easy to make!  I love this recipe, and have made it often for our family and guests.  It's also a good one to take to someone who has recently been hospitalized or just getting over an illness ... very comforting and delicious.



Sunday Chicken and Stuffing

1 pkg (6 ounces) instant chicken stuffing mix
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/3 cup milk
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes

Prepare stuffing according to package directions; spoon down the center of a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Place chicken around stuffing. Combine soup, milk and parsley; pour over chicken (I like to also pour a bit over the stuffing, as well). Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. (Note:  I sometimes need to bake it a bit longer than the recipe says ~ maybe 30+ minutes covered + 20 minutes uncovered.)
Yield:  6 servings


Linked to Tasty Tuesday, and Ultimate Recipe Swap, sharing easy recipes.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I needed a new recipe like this. . . something new to do with chicken as well as a good one to transport when needed. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!! I love any new chicken dish I can find and this one looks like a winner. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can this one be made ahead and frozen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I don't think that I have tried freezing this recipe, but you probably could. If you are preparing and then freezing the dish uncooked (to cook later), just make sure that you purchase fresh (unfrozen) chicken breast to use when preparing the recipe for freezing. It is not wise to thaw chicken breast, prepare a recipe, and then refreeze the uncooked chicken breast. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete