PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Leading Up to Easter

Beautiful spring flowers ... love being here in Dallas these past five days ...
signs of spring!

So much preparation for the Christmas season, and often we neglect preparing our hearts for Easter season. Several reminders this year ... an email this morning about using the 40 Days of Lent (which starts today) to prepare our hearts ... also a concentrated emphasis as Campus Crusade staff, to give added focus in seeking God starting with March 17, also leading up to Easter. I want to use these reminders and prepare my heart ... and to take time to listen.

Love these words from my Jesus Calling book this morning ... calling me to seek God above all else.

"Rest in My radiant Presence. The world around you seems to spin faster and faster, till everything is a blur. Yet there is a cushion of calm at the center of your life, where you live in union with Me. Return to the soothing Center as often as you can, for this is where you are energized: filled with My Love, Joy, and Peace."

Lord, use these weeks and days before Easter, to draw my heart continually to You, this Center place where we find You ... all that we need.

"The world is a needy place; do not go there for sustenance ... Learn to depend on Me alone, and your weakness will become saturated with My Power." (More from Jesus Calling)

Use this time of added focus on You to empower me, and to empower all Your people, Your Church ... and from this place of being filled, we then reflect Your Love in a needy world.

1 comment:

  1. oh, breath of FRESH air to come to you...yes, there's Crusade's prayer focus and you know about prayeurope.com? 40 days 40 countries 40 seconds...that's what I posted on my blog too...excited to walk this Lenten road...

    p.s. I hadn't read Jesus Calling today, yet, because I really needed to stay on March 8--exactly completely what I needed--Jared said it's the best devotional he's ever read! i have to keep finding it from where he's taken it!;)

    ReplyDelete