PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Praying Life

"Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by Your truth, and teach me,
for You are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in You."
Psalm 25:4-5

These are the verses that Live a Praying Life gives for us to ponder on and pray over each day this week as we begin a 13-week study on the topic of prayer.

Prayer ... that word brings a lot of questions to our minds. Do our prayers change the heart of God? If we believe that they do, then who is in control ... God, or us? And if our prayers do not change anything ... then, why bother to pray? These are just a few of the questions that are brought up in the worktext for the study on prayer that is starting up this week with a group of about 20 women in our little community.

Prayer is a topic that is very near and dear to my heart, as I have played a part in organizing various prayer focuses over the years ... and yet, as we begin this study, I am wanting to go deeper. I am wanting to learn more about living a praying life daily. It is not an activity, but it is a relationship. I want to join the author (and the other women in our study group), on the "never-ending journey to live a praying life".

Loving Lord, please "show me the right path ... point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by Your truth, and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment